Coming Soon – Build a Code Snippet Block
This course is a part of the Practice WP series, and should take between 1-2 hours to complete.
This course shows you how to build an improved code snippet block that includes syntax highlighting for just about any programming language out there. This course is relatively react-focused, and touches on these points:
- Register, and build a WordPress block
- Work with the WordPress component library to build the block interface
- Use the React-Select package to create a search-able, filter-able select box to make it easier to pick which programming language should be used for highlighting
- Use some clever CSS to create a textbox that uses syntax highlighting
- Store the resulting content in a way that allows it to work regardless of what theme it’s on.
This course is available to any premium member of WP Dev Academy at no extra charge.
This course does not have any sections.